As a bilingual therapist who speaks both English and Spanish, I have had the opportunity to work with different cultural backgrounds and ethnicities. My experience is vast and varied, both in age and problem area. For the past 15 years, I’ve worked in settings providing outpatient assessments, evaluations, and treatment planning for children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
My passion is working with clients who are experiencing some form of personal insecurity such as self-esteem issues or feelings of doubt, fear of change, or who struggle with difficulties in making decisions. My approach focuses on helping you identify your strengths, with the hope that it will empower you. My goal is to guide you in developing a plan to make the changes to want and need. We will take advantage of the momentum and together explore your struggles. My clients have always appreciated my ability to convey empathy and compassion. These skills become the basis for a positive therapeutic relationship in which I help people feel at ease and comfortable with the process.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Nationally Certified Counselor
Board Certified Coach
- Assessment & Treatment of Anxiety disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders
- Trauma associated with Sexual & Physical Abuse
- Child-Parent Relational Therapy
- Substance Abuse & DUI Evaluations
- Mental Health Evaluations
- Emotional Support Animal Evaluations
Philosophy of Treatment
- Behavior Modification
Through praise and approval, modeling, self-monitoring, and other techniques, Behavior Modification can be highly effective in altering patterns of behavior in children. Children often respond better to consistency and reinforcement.
- Psychodynamic Therapy
With Psychodynamic Therapy, clients can gain a better and more profound understanding of their emotions. By understanding how they feel, it can lead to a natural change in decision making that often results in greater life satisfaction.
- Psychoeducation Parenting skills
- Motivational Interviewing
- Client-Centered Approach